My MOTU Application #2

Jamie Strandboge jamie at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 18 15:07:56 GMT 2008

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, Emanuele Gentili wrote:

> Since 2008-02-18 I reviewed many hardy and previous releases packages,
> working in
> merging/syncing/fixing packages in main repository and helping the
> release of few USN.
> I would like to repost my nomination to MOTU, supported by both my old
> sponsors
> (Stephan Hermann [2], Kees Cook [3], Jamie Strandboge [4]) and a new one
> (Michele Angrisano aka DarkSun88 [5]) whom I had the pleasure to work
> with in the last month.

As this is Emanuele's second application, I'd like to respond with up to
date information. First off, Emanuele is absolutely passionate about
Ubuntu and security. He has founded Ubuntu Pentest team, has helped debug
various parts of the Ubuntu community websites, and has contributed a lot
of debdiffs for security issues. He has told me that he works on Ubuntu
as much as 6 hours a day, and I believe him! His is a valuable member of
the community and his work is very much appreciated.

The packages I have reviewed and sponsored for -security have been good
overall, however at times I have thought his passion to fix as much as
possible has needed to be tempered with more restraint and more thorough
testing. That said, with a committment from Emanuele to be as careful
as possible as MOTU, I give my recommendation.

Jamie

Email: jamie at canonical.com
IRC:   jdstrand