Ubuntu Contributing Developers for Onkar Shinde (slytherin)

Onkar Shinde onkarshinde at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 19:38:29 BST 2008

Hi,

My name is Onkar Shinde.[1] I am resident of India, a software
engineer by profession and single by marital status (as if any of
these matters :-D)
Please consider my application to become Ubuntu Contributing Developer.

Although using Ubuntu since Warty, I have started contributing to
Ubuntu late in hardy cycle.
Being a java developer by profession, my area of interest and
expertise is java applications, libraries and anything that builds
with ant.

I have helped with FTBFS and merges since second half of hardy cycle.
Some of the notable work was fixing/merging of lucene2 and helping
with update of batik/fop recently. Currently I am working on fixing of
jboss, plan to move most of the java apps/libs to universe and help
optimizing java based server stack.

Overall it has been great learning experience with the privilege of
working with following MOTU members, who are also my main sponsors.
Emmet Hikory (persia)
Michael Bienia (geser)
Matvey Kozhev (LucidFox/sikon)

Of course guidance of few others in various areas has always helped.
Daniel Holbach (dholbach)
Sarah Hobbs (hobbsee)
Scott Kitterman (ScottK)

The plan is to continue this effort for as long as possible. And since
java is very much grey area for most, I believe my expertise will be
helpful.

Thanks for taking time to consider this application. :-)

[1]https://launchpad.net/~onkarshinde

Regards,
Onkar