MOTU Application for Daniel Hahler (blueyed)

Daniel Hahler ubuntu+lists at thequod.de
Fri Jan 25 01:49:20 GMT 2008

Dear MOTU Council,

please consider my application for becoming a Master Of The Universe.

I'm using Ubuntu since Hoary Hedgehog (5.04). It has been my first Linux
distribution and the main reason to choose it has been that it's based
upon Debian and therefore provides this huge amount of easily
installable software packages.

Unfortunately, I don't have a detailed list of my activities, but you
can see the sponsored uploads at my Launchpad package page
(https://launchpad.net/~blueyed/+packages).

For highlighting, I've picked five out of the latest sponsored uploads
(two of them are for the main repository though):

1. While doing the transition to libgif for the ktoon package, I noticed
   that FTBFS. I've investigated quite a lot (since I'm not very
   experienced with C++/cmake), contacted upstream and found a fix for
   it. I've forwarded it to Debian and upstream. See
   https://launchpad.net/bugs/180470
2. One of my recent merges has been for php5. I've talked with Soren
   about it and after discussing the memory_limit defaults to use, he
   sponsored it. See https://launchpad.net/bugs/176011.
3. I've triaged and fixed a bunch of bugs in the powernowd package
   and accumulated them in a debdiff, which Steven sponsored
   (https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/powernowd/0.97-2ubuntu2)
4. While helping Scott in the libclamav transition, I've found and fixed
   two other bugs in the php-clamavlib package. See
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/hardy/+source/php-clamavlib/0.13-1ubuntu1.
5. Incremental backup in duplicity was broken in Feisty and Gutsy. After
   investigating, I've provided a fix and it has been accepted for
   gutsy, feisty-proposed and upstream.
   (https://launchpad.net/bugs/88617).

I've recently adopted and polished the tvbrowser package
(http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/details.py?package=tvbrowser) and will
use bzr-builddeb for maintaining it. Please leave comments when
reviewing.. :)

Finally, I thank all my sponsors and supporters along the way!
I'm looking forward to help others in the same way as I've
been supported.

Thank you.

--
http://daniel.hahler.de/