My MOTU Application (Siegfried Gevatter)

Siegfried Gevatter (RainCT) rainct at ubuntu.com
Sun Jan 20 15:33:15 GMT 2008

Dear MOTU Council,

Please consider my application to become a MOTU.

I started contributing with packaging during the early Gutsy cycle and
have been trying to contribute to Ubuntu as much as I can since then,
mostly working on packages in universe, but also preparing new
revisions for some package in main form time to time. I also maintain
a few packages in Debian (specially stuff written in Python, and
games) and I usually forward everything I get into Ubuntu to Debian
and/or upstream.

This last two months I've gained a lot of confidence with packaging,
doing most things right on the first try, and I think that becoming a
MOTU would help improving my work flow. I also plan to join
ubuntu-universe-sponsors and perhaps in some time join the mentoring
programme.

Launchpad Profile:
 - https://launchpad.net/~rainct

Packages Pages:
 - https://launchpad.net/~rainct/+packages
 - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RainCT/Contributions
(Notice that many of my first contributions for some reason don't
appear on my +packages page, and I'm not sure if I remembered to write
them all down on my wiki.)

Debian Packages:
 - http://tinyurl.com/38s543 (http://qa.debian.org/developer.php)

Wiki Page:
 - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RainCT

Sponsors:
 - Emmet Hickory (persia)
 - Luke Yelavich (TheMuso)
 - Scott Kitterman (ScottK)
 - Barry deFreese (bddebian)
 - (Others...)

The UbuntuDevelopers wiki page recommends to highlight some
contributions... On the Debian side, I think I'm doing quite well
maintaining the gbrainy package, for example, and from my Ubuntu
contributions there's for instance the debdiff on bug #175693
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fusion-icon/+bug/175693),
which introduces many improvements and bug fixes.

Kinds regards,

GNU/Linux User #438657. Ubuntu User #11680.

P.S.: I want to use this occasion to give a big *thank you* to all
those who have helped me through my way here. I wouldn't be writing
this e-mail if I hadn't had the great help I found in #ubuntu-motu
(and other channels, like #debian-python).