My MOTU Application

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 8 07:59:09 GMT 2008

On Mo, 2008-01-07 at 21:14 +0100, Michele Angrisano wrote:
> Please consider my application to become a MOTU.
>
> My Launchpad profile: https://launchpad.net/~micheleangrisano
> My packages page: https://launchpad.net/~micheleangrisano/+packages ||
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MicheleAngrisano/PackagingActivities
> My wiki page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MicheleAngrisano
>

> I used Ubuntu since March 2006 as my first distribution. My goal was
> working in Ubuntu in package development with merges, syncs, bugfixes
> and other processes to contribute with other developers.
> I started contributing to MOTU community in March 2007 during Feisty
> development cycle with some merges, syncs and patches.
> I was also involved, with DktrKranz, in PHP 4 dependency removals, which
> affected Universe packages after PHP 4 was removed from the archives.
> In the future, I would like to focus on QA efforts (such as
> uninstallable packages,  unmet dependencies, maintainer script failures,
> upgrade failures), Universe is quite large and requires much love, and
> I'd like to give my support.
>
> Also, I'd like to join ubuntu-universe-sponsors to help keeping the
> queue at a reasonable size and to give back what others gave to me.

+1.

Michele's application is the most complete I
recall. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MicheleAngrisano/PackagingActivities
lists all debdiffs as far as I can see and the selection I just reviewed
looks very good to me. Michele definitely knows his stuff.

Also I like how Michele wants to help out with sponsoring and QA efforts
in Universe.

Excellent! Thanks for your work in the team!

Have a nice day,
 Daniel