Core Developer application for Michael Casadevall (NCommander/sonicmctails)

Michael Casadevall sonicmctails at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 14:26:22 GMT 2008

On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 8:02 AM, Steve Kowalik <stevenk at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Michael Casadevall wrote:
>> I'm writing today to apply for Core Developer status in Ubuntu. Having
>> continued to do work towards making Ubuntu better on the desktop and
>> better as a distribution overall, I feel the time is appropriate to
>> apply for core developer status. As a core developer, I can help work
>> directly in the archive without interrupting other people to get
>> sponsorship of packages, and I can help get others get their works
>> sponsored into main.
>
> -1 (That's minus one)
>
> Sorry Michael. But it's too soon after your MOTU application, and I
> think you still have a bunch to learn and to pick up before you should
> apply, so I have to say no, or at least, no right now.

Although I'm saddened by the -1, I would ask you to please clarify
both points. Can you please tell me that if now is too soon from MOTU
(which is a little less than two months ago at time of written), then
how long is an acceptable timeframe?

Furthermore, can you please clarify what skills and in what areas you
feel I'm lacking with respect to becoming a core developer so that I
can improve in the areas you perceive as lacking?