Core-Dev application for Mario Limonciello (superm1)

Stefan Potyra sistpoty at ubuntu.com
Sun Aug 31 01:57:17 BST 2008

Hi,

first off, I'm very much in favor of your application, as imho you've been
doing an excellent job at maintaining mythbuntu!

On Sunday 31 August 2008 00:42:10 Mario Limonciello wrote:
[..]
> The ability to upload DKMS to main has helped to get the specification to
> move the binary drivers out of LRM and based on building kernel modules on
> the user's system more feasible to implement as I can solve DKMS bugs and
> upload myself.  I have been doing the uploads for fglrx throughout all of
> Intrepid purposely while the drivers have lived in multiverse.  Eventually
> the package will need to go to restricted at which point I would need to
> start looking for a sponsor or gain core-dev rights to do the uploads.

ok, however in this regard, I've got quite a heretical question to you:
As far as I understand it, DKMS builds modules on the users system. Following
that practice, I have a dream to get rid of libraries changing SONAMEs. Hence
I propose an application, which also rebuilds applications on the user
systems, and does so once a new library was found. What do you think of this
approach?

Cheers,
   Stefan.