Universe Contributors Application for Thierry Carrez (Koon)

Thierry Carrez thierry.carrez at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 28 16:23:04 BST 2008

Hello everyone,

My name is Thierry Carrez and this is my application to become an Ubuntu
Contributing Developer.

I've been doing development work on Ubuntu since the start of the
Intrepid cycle, primarily focusing on server packages and server-related
blueprints. I've tried to get a small experience in most of the
development processes : bug triaging, sync, merge, fake-sync, new
package creation, package updates, fixes, SRU, security updates, MIR,
technology development. My wikipage [1] lists the contributions that
made it to Fix Released state so far.

I would like to thank in (CC) everyone that has taken the time to
sponsor my work so far, including but not limited to :

- Jamie Strandboge (jdstrand)
- Mathias Gug (mathiaz)
- Emmet Hikory (persia)
- Reinhard Tartler (siretart)
- Steve Langasek (slangasek)
- Michael Bienia (geser)
- Matthias Klose (doko)
- Rick Clark (dendrobates)
- Martin Pitt (pitti)

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank those that have
been helping me to get there. Thanks to Daniel Holbach, Loïc Minier,
the server and security teams (you all rock !), and everyone
else that had the patience to bear with my questions !

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ThierryCarrez

--
Thierry Carrez