Universe Contributors application for Iulian Udrea (iulian)

Iulian Udrea iulian at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 28 11:37:22 BST 2008

Dear MOTU Council,

Please consider my application to become an Ubuntu Universe Contributor.

My name is Iulian Udrea and I'm seventeen year old. I am a fanatic reader,
I read a lot, especially Computer and Science Fiction books. I like to
develop small open source software and play chess.

I am using Ubuntu since July of 2006 when I ordered for the first time
Ubuntu CDs. I've been involved in Ubuntu development for approximately
ten months. In the Hardy cycle I started to help out fixing some .desktop
files and then I participated in a transition (bug #199014) with
approximately
10 uploads (thanks to Michael Bienia and Siegfried Gevatter for uploading
my patches).

In the Intrepid cycle I spent most of my time on merges/syncs and package
of new software.
In Debian I maintain two packages (giver and salasaga) and in Ubuntu three
(+ gtkmm-utils).

My future plans for Ubuntu are: keep working with the Masters of the
Universe,
become one, stay focus as much as I can on serious bugs, even squash
them.

CC'ing some of my sponsors in chronological order and I would like to thank
them for their great help and support:

Siegfried Gevatter - RainCT
Michael Bienia - geser
Jonathan Patrick Davies - jpds
Daniel Holbach - dholbach

I'd also like to thank to Emmet Hikory, Scott Kitterman, Luca Falavigna and
everybody from the -motu channel for their great help and feedback.

My Launchpad profile: https://launchpad.net/~iulian
Packages: https://launchpad.net/~iulian/+related-software

Thanks to all for taking the time to consider my application.

Sincerely,
--
Iulian Udrea