MOTU application for Devid Antonio Filoni (devfil).

Devid Antonio Filoni devidfil at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 17:06:26 BST 2008

Dear MOTU Council,
following the advice of my sponsors (and after their intimidation...
...), I decided to apply to become a MOTU, so please consider this my
application.

I used Ubuntu (Ubuntu 6.10 "The Edgy Eft") since December 2006 as my
first distribution. I never believed that one day I would have written
this email, however I started to work on bug fix, etc... and now I'm
here. I usually fix all bugs that I find or try to update outdated
packages, fix FTBFSs etc.... Now since we are near FeatureFreeze I'm
working to update useful packages (such as xulrunner, kdelibs etc...)
so we can benefit of new upstream versions.
In the future, I would like to join ubuntu-universe-sponsors in order
to help to reduce queue and to help new contributors on learning what
I've already learned and I would like also to continue to fix bugs,
etc...

My launchpad profile: https://launchpad.net/~d.filoni
My wiki page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DevidAntonioFiloni

I want highlight a few sponsored uploads that may be of interest to all you:
wxwidgets2.8 (2.8.6.1-0ubuntu1, 2.8.8.0-0ubuntu1), thanks to
DktrKranz, pochu and persia. wxwidgets2.8 2.8.6.1-0ubuntu1 was my
first uploaded package in Ubuntu :)
crystalspace (1.2.1-0ubuntu1), thanks to asac, warp10 and pochu.

CCing my sponsors and I would say them a THANK YOU for their feedbacks:
Luca Falavigna
Andrea Colangelo
I also want to say THANK YOU to all other sponsors for their help and
for all they have done for me.

I will answer to any questions you will have for me.

Thanks,
Devid Antonio Filoni