MOTU Application for Fabien Tassin (fta)

Emmet Hikory persia at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 20 16:51:45 BST 2008

Soren Hansen wrote:
>>>Says who?
>> This is my interpretation of the reaction to kirkland's application.
>> Perhaps I'm mistaken.
>
> Some have said that they find that that is appropriate. There's no
> specific policy on the subject. Do as you please.

    While I'm waiting for what I understand will be an improvement to
the related software pages in the upcoming Launchpad release before
digging through specific applicant review, I'd like to second Soren's
comment above: specifically that there is not currently a policy
regarding the area on which one uploads, and while questions about
focus may be interesting as part of determining whether any given MOTU
wishes to endorse or criticise an application, any guidelines on what
are reviewed, or what criteria to apply when deciding to endorse or
criticise should come from that MOTU's conscience, and personal
understanding of the involvement of the candidate, rather than any
loose understanding of some set of rules that may or may not apply.

--
Emmet HIKORY