MOTU Application for kirkland [Was Re: Universe Contributors application for Dustin Kirkland (kirkland)]

Dustin Kirkland dustin.kirkland at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 05:59:56 BST 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 3:47 PM, Nicolas Valcarcel
<nvalcarcel at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> I don't think this is the place (or the tread) to talk about it, can you
> please move this to a private conversation?

Hi Nick-

I sincerely apologize for the heavy volume of email related to my MOTU
application.

However, I very much hope to conduct this application process publicly
and on the list.

Regarding that....

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 7:11 AM, Emmet Hikory <persia at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> It was pointed out to me that approving someone for MOTU based on
> technical ability but with so little contribution to universe would
> set a new precedent, which may significantly alter the perception of
> the threshold that must be met in terms of familiarity with a variety
> of packaging techniques to be considered MOTU.  Despite the frequent
> work done in feeding changes back to Debian, I have been convinced to
> retract my vote of confidence, and rather vote merely +0.
>    My apologies for the disappointment this change may represent.

I must say that I am disappointed and I hope that you will reconsider
given the more detailed account of my participation in Universe
earlier.

Most importantly, however, I'm concerned that you would be convinced
to change your vote based on comments made to you by someone off-list.

:-Dustin