Universe Contributors Application for David Futcher (bobbo)

David Futcher bobbocanfly at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 1 12:36:10 BST 2008

Dear MOTU Council,

Please accept this as my application to become an Ubuntu Universe Contributor.

https://edge.launchpad.net/bobbo
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DavidFutcher
http://www.bobbo.me.uk/ubuntu-uploads

I'm a 15 year old from Edinburgh, Scotland. I am currently working for
the summer as an Oracle (APEX) web-app developer, but I spend most of
the year in school. My main interests are Free-Software, Bit-Torrent,
Politics and Music.

I started using Ubuntu with Edgy, a few days after it came out and
started contributing to MOTU in January 2008, during the Hardy cycle.

I have spent most of the Intrepid cycle so far working with merges and
syncs and doing bug fixes/upgrades on packages that I use. I have also
worked on QA tasks such as making sure .desktop files are standards
compliant etc.

My plans for the future are to attempt to resurrect the currently not
very active MOTU-Torrent team, continue working with syncs and merges
and become more involved with the Mentoring/Schools program (I want to
get a junior mentor some point in the near future and I am planning a
schools session at the moment with james_w). I also want to work
towards becoming a fully fledged MOTU.

I have CC'd some of my main sponsors and I want to thank them for
their help and feedback:
  Andrea Colangelo (warp10)
  Daniel Holbach (dholbach)
  Jonathan Davies (jpds)
  Siegfried Gevatter (RainCT)

Thank you for taking the time to consider my application,

David Futcher