Ubuntu Universe Contributors

Reinhard Tartler siretart at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 21 12:33:21 BST 2008

Daniel Holbach <daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com> writes:

>> Do you mean -contributors? If so, I'm still a little bit confused what
>> benefits this team structure will provide. Can you explain?
>
> Right now it just represents the people who are allowed to upload to
> REVU and we should discuss future benefits either on the mailing list or
> in meeting.

Please let's work on a concrete proposal before the next meeting on this
mailing list.

Well, I think we need two groups, then. For REVU in its current
implementation, we need a dedicated group for fetching GPG keys
from. From the revu perspective, it doesn't serve any other purpose. We
furthermore decided on the policy that we do not moderate nor check new
members at all, so that everyone can immediately join. This is okay for
the purpose of REVU.

Currently I'm (and it seems other as well) being spammed with LP
notification about joins and departure of the team. I suspect this is
caused by some LP Group inclusion relationship I don't really
understand. Could this please be stopped?

> What's clear to me is that it describes the group of people who are
> interested in contributing to Universe. The number of members rises
> impressively which is why I suggest for it to have a number of admins
> that are involved in working with new contributors and track the
> growth.

sistpoty raised the suggestion to rename the current team
'ubuntu-universe-contributors' to 'revu-uploaders'. I strongly support
this and politly ask to transfer the team ownership from 'motu-council'
to the team 'revu-admins'. This way we can arrange the renaming of the
team without breaking keyring syncs.

Please don't misunderstand me. I perfectly agree with the proposal of
having a dedicated team for new and fresh contributors where the
administrators are actively looking after its members. However the
current 'ubuntu-universe-contributors' team is not that team you
envision here. We can of course create a new team with that name for
this purpose, but only after renaming the current team to
'revu-hackers'.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4