Core-Dev Application: Till Kamppeter

Stefan Potyra stefan.potyra at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Wed Apr 2 17:20:00 BST 2008

Hi,

On Wednesday 02 April 2008 17:28:10 Till Kamppeter wrote:
> Soren Hansen wrote:
> >>
> >> I have to say that I have my doubts about this one, for a few reasons
> >> that I can't put into words right now.
> >
> > Yeah, I was a bit hasty there. Sorry.
> >
> > I'm not saying I'd have done the same if I had been in Till's shoes. I
> > wouldn't. I'd probably have asked the people on the motu-release team on
> > IRC if they'd accept the package in a day or two and then write the FFe
> > so that it was ready.
> >
> > I'm just saying that I don't consider this as severe as you apparantly
> > do.
>
> As far as I remember the problems of the first uploaded packages were
>
> - At least for some packages permissions and ownerships of some files
>    were not correct and so the printers supported by them were not
>    correct
> - The config file with the default settings for the printer driver was
>    located in /usr and world-writable

I guess you're missing the core points:

- files in /usr/local [1]
- the orig.tar.gz reconstructed, w.o. a hint what's in there and how it got
reconstructed
- lots of unneeded "transitional" packages [2]

hm... I'm getting a little bit sceptical, when you wrote that pitti gave the
2nd ACK. Why would he first review a package, and later reject it from
source-new? [3].

Cheers,
    Stefan.
--