Core-Dev Application: Till Kamppeter

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Wed Apr 2 15:31:33 BST 2008

Hi,

Soren Hansen wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 12:48:00AM +1100, Sarah Hobbs wrote:
>
>>> Out of pure curiosity: Till says pitti approved this. Should we
>>> consider removing pitti's upload rights, too?
>>>
>> Remove?  No - he's done lots of good work, and this looks like a
>> one-off.
>>

> Well, so has Till. And he was even told by pitti that it was ok. I'm
> finding it difficult to hold that against him. Additionally, if he
> didn't intend to work on fixing it straight away, I'm sure we wouldn't
> have uploaded it in the first place.

That's not correct...

If it would be someone else, a motu hopeful or e.g. just me...I think I
would already be on a  stake :)

The fun part is, that you have to deal with critics..and the critic of
stefan is correct at this point.
I trust pitti and till in many ways...but if we don't follow our QA
rules...we are doomed in the future...and if pitti acked this package
because he trusted Till, and without reviewing it properly,  so pitti is
getting also a LPS, bad pitti...

Again, it's the first mistake of Till...and actually I think it's not a
big issue, when he's fixing it before release...

I know Till and I know that he's an awesome guy with a lot of knowledge...

Thinking about that, it should be considered to raise the core-dev
question again in a few weeks time...

But I'm not on call here...it's just my 2cent...

regards,

\sh