MOTU Application

Laurent Bigonville l.bigonville at edpnet.be
Wed Sep 26 15:02:26 BST 2007

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 01:01:45 +0200
Stefan Potyra <sistpoty at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi Laurent,
Hi,

> Ok, integration with debian is always a plus. Nonetheless, your answer doesn't
> say how you think that the telepathy team is integrated with MOTU. Do you
> think it's more alongside/outside MOTU or rather integrated within it?

As I said, I think that there are a few MOTU hacking on telepathy, so I
would be tempted to say that currently the telepathy team is a little
bit outside MOTU (maybe due to the fact that telepathy stuff are not
(yet) widespread).

> I guess that's a problem of the process behind REVU. Having a fixed queue of
> possible reviewers (:= MOTUs) will result in the fact that some packages
> (which are low in the queue) will get lost. Can you state what exactly (what
> parts of the integration with LP, what kind of process differences compared
> to REVU) make you think that bzr reviewing/sponsorship is better?

About the LP integration, the fact that it's easier to do collaborative
work, since you can attach a branch, review a branch or merge a branch
easily.

> Cheers,
>     Stefan.

Laurent