MOTU Application

Martin Peeks martinp23 at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 23 18:39:03 BST 2007

Hi everyone

Following discussion with my sponsors, seb128 and dholbach, I'd decided
to take the leap and try to become a MOTU.

I started packaging at the start of summer this year, and having
recently fallen back into it, have found myself very comfortable with
the various packaging systems, and more and more confident doing
updates.  At the start, dholbach very patiently helped me to learn the
ropes and become proficient, processing merges and syncs for the desktop
team.  More recently, seb128 has been checking, uploading and providing
feedback on my gnome 2.20.1 SRU updates, and I've prepared a number of
non-SRU-able packages for upload into Hardy, when the time comes.

I'd also consider myself familiar with the MOTU and more general
development processes, having been present on IRC and the mailing lists,
largely observing, throughout the Gutsy release cycle.  I'm happy to say
that I'm always comfortable to ask when I'm not sure about something.

As a MOTU, I'd hope to help with sponsorships, assist those in the irc
channels who need help, and, of course, continue preparing packages -
including those from other areas than desktop.  With further experience,
I'd look at taking on a role as a mentor.

Finally, you can see a list of my uploaded packages here:
<https://launchpad.net/~martinp23/+packages>

Thanks for your consideration, and I'll be happy to answer any questions
you may have.

Martin Peeks
(Martinp23)