Request for getting a Ubuntu Developer

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 13:12:42 GMT 2007

Emmet Hikory wrote:
> On Nov 28, 2007 7:08 PM, Till Kamppeter wrote:
>> If it is required to be MOTU to apply for being a core developer, I will
>> apply for core developer status as soon as I get MOTU status, if not,
>> tell me where is documented how to apply as core developer to place the
>> application directly.
>
>     I don't have voice towards your application for developer status,
> but I do not see any mention that  core developers must first be MOTU
> in the process documentation (1).  I suspect that most candidates
> would find the path easier when first applying for MOTU, but this does
> not appear to be required.
>
> 1: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopers#JoiningCoreDev

If possible I would directly apply for core developer status, as my
packages are really all in main. So me as MOTU will not change much in
my Ubuntu workflow but me as core developer will simplify the workflow a
lot.

I have already prepared a Wiki page for that:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TillKamppeter

Please tell me whether I really need to wait for being approved as MOTU
or whether I can directly enter the core developer application process.
Please post also links to appropriate documentation.

    Till