Wanted: motu-sru volunteers

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort pochu at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 28 10:38:01 GMT 2007

Emmet Hikory wrote:
> On Nov 28, 2007 6:26 PM, Christophe Sauthier wrote:
>> I know that this is "MOTU"-related... But if a simply MOTUHopeful
>> might help, you can count me in also...
>
>     While I am a big proponent of the "one doesn't need upload rights
> to help" school of thought, I think that we'd do best to limit
> membership of teams like ~motu-uvf and ~motu-sru to members of
> ~ubuntu-dev, as otherwise the workflow becomes awkward: if the
> proposer cannot upload, and the approver cannot upload, how is the
> candidate to be uploaded?

By using the SponsorshipQueue, I guess.

For main this is the same. Pitti may approve an SRU, but he won't upload it. You
have to find a sponsor.

I'm not saying that this should be opened to non-MOTUs though. But I don't think
being part of ~motu-sru means you have to upload the accepted SRUs. Or does it?

Cheers,
Emilio