IRC presence requirements

Sarah Hobbs hobbsee at kubuntu.org
Fri Nov 16 04:38:08 GMT 2007

I don't think IRC is mandatory for MOTUs.  Unless:

- They are wanting to change things.  Discussions are much quicker, and
often more fruitful as a result, when done on IRC

- They don't know where they are in the release cycle, and are looking
for what everyone else is working on

- Probably a few other things

But, the policies seem to get forwarded to the mailing list eventually,
once they've been decided - so MOTU's are not fully in the dark, if they
  aren't on irc.

Hobbsee