Lack of ~motu expiry dates

William Grant william at qeuni.net
Tue Nov 6 04:43:19 GMT 2007

Hi all,

During a discussion in #ubuntu-motu today, it was noted that none of the
new (ie. post ~ubuntu-dev -> ~motu move) MOTU have expiry dates set.
This is probably a bad thing, as we should really be operating on the
principle of least privilege, and having a lot of inactive members skews
the totals - we don't have 100 active developers. It may be a simple
oversight, in that ~ubuntu-dev had a default expiry period set, while
~motu doesn't.

The possibility of reducing the default membership period (previously 2
years) was also raised, so might be good to discuss.

Thanks,

--
William Grant