MOTU Application

Emmet Hikory emmet.hikory at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 21:37:41 GMT 2007

On 11/2/07, Fernando Ribeiro wrote:
> On 11/1/07, Emmet Hikory wrote:
> >    My understanding is that being MOTU
> > granted only the privilege to upload.  Could you please expand a
> > little on your understanding of what it is to be a MOTU?

<...>
>      MOTUs are great people who use of their time to contribute (adding,
> removing, updating, fixing software) with the components of the universe and
> multiverse, help new MOTUs, help with new features, review, bug triage, qa,
> devel and others.

    Thank you.  I can understand how our documentation can lead to
that understanding.  I suppose I just don't understand which of the
above activities cannot be done by any Ubuntu Contributor.  Some of
them are made easier by membership in the MOTU group, but at least
helping new MOTUs, helping with new features, review, bug triage, QA,
and development can be done by anybody, and MOTU membership shouldn't
impact one's ability to do them.  If there is a barrier to any of
those activities, I'd like to know, as I believe it to be a bug in our
permissions hierarchy.

--
Emmet HIKORY