MOTU Application

Fernando Ribeiro fernando at staff.nerdgroup.org
Thu Nov 1 19:34:54 GMT 2007

Hi all,

On 11/1/07, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at kitterman.com> wrote:

> It took several revisions (after MOTU review) to get to that debdiff.  How
> would this have gone if you'd already been a MOTU and been able to upload
> it
> directly?

     IMHO, as a new MOTU, "complex" packages such as this, should be
reviewed by MOTUs most experienced and then sent to the archive.
     I do not think as a MOTU, would uploads without having fully sure that
everything was correct.
     I did not upload this package without a review by another MOTU.
     I believe that simple upgrades have not this kind of problem.

     IMHO again, I do not think that a MOTU is only the privilege to upload
to the archive, but to be sure that everything is right.

Best Regards,
Fernando Ribeiro
--
Firthunands: firthu means peace, nands means daring.
"Those who do anything to maintain the peace!"