MOTU Application

Daniel T. Chen crimsun at fungus.sh.nu
Mon Mar 12 07:21:02 GMT 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-10 at 18:32 +0100, Lut!n wrote:
> I think that I could help it by reviewing packages, as more reviewers
> means more packages reviewed and hopefully uploaded. I also think
> helping/mentoring people who do packages is a good a solution to
> motivate them to progress faster, and that it would be helpful to have
> a clearer MOTU/Candidates page. eg, we could sort out the packages
> that would be really worth having in uni/multiverse so that motivated
> people (including me :) ) can focus on them.

You raise a good point regarding "more reviewers mean[ing] more packages
reviewed and hopefully uploaded", but as you yourself alluded to in a
previous email[0], there are a lot of points to review closely,
particularly in large source packages. Furthermore, I caution you to be
wary of the misconception that putting more people, even well qualified
ones, on a team will result in linear resolution. While your recent
efforts in Ubuntu universe are duly noted and much appreciated, I hope
to see your continued efforts in universe, particularly to the points
you've raised.

ubuntu-dev Launchpad team membership carries an implicit leadership
awareness and duty, even. In what areas, and possibly in what direction,
will you lead Ubuntu universe [aside from the ones you've noted above]?

Thanks,
Daniel Chen

[0]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/motu-council/attachments/20070309/61b0cced/attachment.eml