GetDeb.net vs. Backports...

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Sat Mar 10 17:13:31 GMT 2007

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 03:45:12PM -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> I'd never heard of it until now.  I'm CCing the MOTU Council, who I hope can
> provide a channel to begin a conversation with them.

At the moment, there's no source available with the downloads. The site
maintainer has indicated that he believes pointing to the upstream
website is adequate for this, which is not an opinion that agrees with
the FSF (or, indeed, any sane reading of the GPL as far as I can tell).
I'm told that at least one copyright holder has requested that the site
be made compliant or his software removed - so far, there's been no
response to that. I'd suggest that if any form of cooperation is
envisaged, we ensure that the site is fully GPL-compliant first.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org