MOTU Application

Jordan Mantha mantha at ubuntu.com
Sat Jun 30 07:07:40 BST 2007

On Wed Jun 27, 2007 at 09:45:41PM +0200, Andrea Veri wrote:
> Dear MOTU council,
>
> I'm asking to please consider this mail as my application to become an
> official Master of the Universe.

I've worked with and around Andrea for a bit over a year now. He's worked
in the Edubuntu community for some time as well as in MOTU. I've reviewed
some of his work on REVU (long time ago, gtorrent-viewer). He is eager to
learn and has come quite a ways since that first upload. I really can't say
a ton about his specific packaging skills since I haven't sponsored
anything from him recently. I'll let other's speak to that.

His work in documentation is helpful and I appreciate his help with the
Ubuntu Packaging Guide. He seems to understand the basics of packaging
pretty well. He is learning a lot and giving back to the community.

Overall, I think Andrea will make a fine MOTU, if not now, soon. :-)

-Jordan