MOTU Application

Stefan Potyra sistpoty at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 26 21:00:23 BST 2007

Hi,

as I've already written, I have no doubt about Chris' technical skills and
contributions so far, due to him being a long time DD.

On Tuesday 26 June 2007 04:55:30 Sarah Hobbs wrote:
> Based on how much he's helping with bugs in #ubuntu-bugs, with not just
> oo.o ones, and how he's looking to do merges (which have mostly already
> been done, so he couldnt), I think he'd make a good addition.
>
> Having come into ubuntu so quickly, it's hard to have seen how the
> development community works, and how it differs from debian.  However,
> i'm confident that he'll see the differences, and be able to act on them
> sanely.  I don't think that he'll forget about the way we work, as soon
> as he gets core.

Due to this feedback from Sarah, the recommendations from Jonathan and Daniel,
and since he's gotten sponsored from Luke I believe he'll also fit quite
right into the community. Finally, I had a short (private) mail exchange with
him which erased any last doubt.

+1!

Cheers,
    Stefan.