MOTU Application

Chris Cheney chris.cheney at canonical.com
Sun Jun 24 04:02:05 BST 2007

Scott,

I was involved with Debian from June 1998 until late 2004. I didn't
actually become a Debian Developer until July 2000 since the NM queue
was shut down for a period of about 1-1.5 years. In late 2004 I had to
start looking for a new job and ended up having to take one that
required a 2.5-3 hour commute, so I was away from home over 12 hours a
day. Between that job and other things I had to do on a daily basis I
had no time left for Debian work. Before that however I had maintained
many packages (several hundred) for Debian including KDE and was
involved in the initial AMD64 porting effort in early 2004.

I have been using Ubuntu since the Ubuntu 4.10 Preview release in
September 2004. I don't plan on stopping and as long as I have available
time I intend to help out with Ubuntu even if I am no longer employed by
Canonical.

Chris