MOTU Application

Chris Cheney chris.cheney at canonical.com
Sat Jun 23 04:09:44 BST 2007

MOTU Council Members,

    Please consider my application to become a Master of the Universe.

Experience with MOTU activity:
    Gutsy: 6 packages accepted into the archive (various sponsors)

    Details are available from https://launchpad.net/~ccheney/+packages

I consider myself the primary Ubuntu maintainer of the following packages:
    libao
    libogg
    libvorbis
    openoffice.org
    pyao
    pyogg
    pyvorbis
    taglib
    vorbis-tools

Sponsors:
    I have had three sponsors: Kees Cook, Jonathan Riddell, and Luke
Yelavich.

Reason for application:
    I need to become a MOTU before I can apply to become a core-dev
which I need for my packages. Also, I am the new official OpenOffice.org
maintainer.

Ubuntu Membership:
    I am not yet an Ubuntu member, but my application will be heard at
the 23rd June 2007 Community Council Meeting.  Please see
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ChrisCheney for an overview of all Ubuntu
activities.

I am also a Debian Developer and have been one since July 2000. I have
maintained many packages over the years including Xiph audio, and KDE.

    With interest in your response,

Chris Cheney