MOTU Application

Emmet Hikory emmet.hikory at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 07:51:58 BST 2007

On 6/21/07, Richard A. Johnson wrote:
> Dear MOTU Council,
>
> I ask that you please consider the following information as input into the
> application process to become a Master of the Universe.
<...>
> Sponsors:
> I really don't have one or two direct sponsors, as I have tended to aide
> others in getting merges and syncs complete. The following are just a few of
> the MOTUs and/or Core Developers who have sponsored a package or two for me:
>  * Jonathan Riddell
>  * Sarah Hobbs
>  * Daniel T. Chen
>  * Scott Kitterman
>  * Emmet Hikory
>  * Brandon Holtsclaw

   I would welcome Richard joining the MOTU ranks.  The work I have
seen has been consistent and shown a commitment to ensure it is done
correctly.  I am especially impressed by Richard's willingness to work
closely with Debian to both reduce the Ubuntu delta and improve the
quality of both distributions.  Further, I believe Richard has done
much more than is clearly visible in Launchpad, through both working
with (or as) Debian Maintainers to apply patches for release in
Ubuntu, and dedicated work on several specific packages to ensure that
the released version is the best it can be.

--
Emmet HIKORY