Core-dev application

Daniel T. Chen crimsun at fungus.sh.nu
Wed Jun 20 11:09:19 BST 2007

[CC: trimmed]

Hi Lionel,

On Sat, 2007-06-16 at 15:22 +0200, Lionel Le Folgoc wrote:
> I would like to apply for Ubuntu Core Developer. I've filled up my wiki
> page [*] so most of the info needed should be there.

I'm pleased to see you step forward and continue where the former core
members of the Xubuntu development team have had to step aside due to
other commitments.  I anticipate you continuing a fine job with Xubuntu
Gutsy and newer releases in this regard.

That said, while you have demonstrated a solid grasp of Xubuntu
packaging issues, I'm interested in how your gaining ~ubuntu-core-dev LP
team membership will affect your efforts in Ubuntu as a whole.  To
paraphrase Matt Zimmerman's comment at my own core-dev application to
the TB, one should not apply for ~ubuntu-core-dev membership solely to
gain upload privileges - there are numerous sponsors (e.g.,
~ubuntu-main-sponsors LP team members) who can help there.  I fully
understand that your main (both in the Ubuntu archive component and
resource-wise) thrust will focus on Xubuntu, but what plans do you have
for issues that affect Ubuntu and its derivatives?  (Privileges to
upload to the entire Ubuntu archive carry a tremendous responsibility
and sense of purpose.)

Thanks,
Daniel Chen