MOTU Application

Stefan Potyra sistpoty at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 6 22:11:41 BST 2007

Hi Mario,

On Saturday 02 June 2007 04:09:04 Mario Limonciello wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to apply for MOTU membership based upon the following
> justification:
[..]

I've had to think hard to come to a decision here. What impresses me is how
you handle mythtv and related packages, which are definitely some of the more
advanced packages. I'm also pleased to see, that you're active when it comes
to tracking bugs of mythtv. Also, I appreciate that you work together with
Christian Marillat. Giving back fixes to debian (or in this case
debian-multimedia, right?) is very important.

However being a MOTU means that you can upload any packages in universe and
multiverse. Likewise, it requires you to know the various processes involved.

Having not sponsored/reviewed any of your work (or at least none that I can
recall right now), I need to base my decision mainly on the feedback of your
sponsors.

Thus, I'd also like to see extend your skills a little bit more and get a
broader view on MOTU land.

-1 for now, but I hope that I can turn this into a +1 soon.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
    Stefan.