MOTU Application for Scott Ritchie (again)

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Wed Dec 26 06:11:09 GMT 2007

Hello Scott,

Am Sonntag, den 23.12.2007, 18:08 -0800 schrieb Scott Ritchie:
> Recently, policy seems to have changed to indicate that this isn't a
> blocking issue anymore; moreover, I have actually been working on other
> packages.

I can't think of any policy change that has happened lately. It's
perfectly fine if you spend your efforts on one package that you're
upstream of: you know it best and it's great to have you around.

> For the past few years I have been maintaining Wine.  My latest packages
> are getting in with minimal changes.

https://edge.launchpad.net/~scottritchie/+packages looks pretty sparse.
Who sponsored your uploads? Was your name in the changelog of all
uploads? Were there any changes you made to the package you were
particularly proud of?

It's harder to demonstrate your packaging skills based on your work on
just one package, but it's certainly do-able. I know you've been around
for a long long time, but I can't really grasp what you've done (and
learned) packaging-wise since then. If you could add some information to
this thread that clarifies this or CC your sponsors, that'd be great.

> I've also been working on some other packages for the game Spring.
> Spring is currently not in Debian or Ubuntu, as while the game engine
> itself is open source, all of the working mods for the current version
> depend on some non-free content.  This will change soon with the new
> Spring release, where I'll also package up the mods and push them into
> Debian/Ubuntu (I've already made a proper note on the debian-games wiki
> page).
>
> If you want to play around with the spring engine and lobby, you can get
> the packages here: http://spring.clan-sy.com/wiki/SetupGuide#Ubuntu
>
> Anyway, I would like to formally resubmit my MOTU application.  I
> believe the entire council is already familiar with me from my last
> application and endorsements, however I will gladly provide more
> information if it's needed.

It'd be great to see spring in Ubuntu.

Have a nice day,
 Daniel