Summary of the discussion about Marco Rodrigues

Michael Bienia michael at vorlon.ping.de
Sat Dec 22 11:29:10 GMT 2007

On 2007-12-21 18:04:43 -0500, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> One point of obvious irony is that Debian sterotypically debates endlessly,
> but he's long kicked out of Debian Games while we still debate.

Yes, Marco got kicked out of the Debian Games *Team*, not whole Debian.
As far as I know he is still allowed to file bugs, contribute to Debian,
etc. And he can also still work in the Debian Games Team, he only has
lost his svn commit rights.

The equivalent would be to expel him from one of the LP groups he's
member of and I bet we wouldn't have this long discussion for it.

But we are discussing a different topic here: to exclude Marco from
contributing to Ubuntu as a whole.

Even Debian didn't manage to expel a DD who has caused much trouble for
the community (search for Sven Luther in the Debian mailing lists if
you're interested). There were attempts to expel him from Debian but
AFAIK he's still a DD and got only banned from the Debian mailing lists.

Michael