Summary of the discussion about Marco Rodrigues

Soren Hansen soren at ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 21 16:58:41 GMT 2007

On Sat, Dec 22, 2007 at 02:39:02AM +1100, Sarah Hobbs wrote:
> > You seem to know something about the MC's wishes that I'm not myself
> > aware of... Why would it be in the interest of the MC to not make a
> > decision?
> It has been long known that the MC, and the CC, does not want to kick
> people out of Ubuntu, due to the bad publicity that creates, and the
> impact it has on other contributors.

I don't want to kick people out of Ubuntu either. I also don't want to
do laundry or stand in the naked in a pile of snow.  Nonetheless, I have
to do laundry from time to time. Sometimes you need to do stuff you
don't want to do.

Kicking people out of the project is a very drastic measure and should
not be taken lightly.

> Therefore, it may well be in the MC's interest not to make a decision,

Deciding to not do something is still a decision, surely?

> If this has changed, and the MC *does* feel it's appropriate to ask
> people to stop contributing to Ubuntu, no matter the bad publicity,
> then I will withdraw my comments.

(I'm speaking on my own behalf, not that of the MC)

I don't feel it's inappropriate to ask people to stop working on Ubuntu.
Whether that's the correct course of action in a given case is a
separate discussion.

--
Soren Hansen
Ubuntu Server Team