Summary of the discussion about Marco Rodrigues

Michael Bienia michael at vorlon.ping.de
Thu Dec 20 17:27:42 GMT 2007

On 2007-12-18 17:28:31 +0100, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> 1)  Scott Kitterman asks the members of the MOTU Council to share their
> idea about the fitness of Marco Rodrigues for becoming a MOTU.

I don't see Marco currently fit for MOTU. Because of his repeated
mistakes in the past, Marco needs a lot good work to undo his currently
bad reputation and to gain trust from other MOTUs.

> 2b)  Daniel Holbach proposes that Marco will be asked to agree to run
> all of his work by volunteers. (Daniel Holbach and Cesare Tirabassi
> agreed to work with him.) The volunteers will report every two weeks
> about what's going on.

Marco, no direct subscription of the usual sponsoring teams
(ubuntu-universe-sponsors and ubuntu-main-sponsors). All sponsoring
should *only* happen through your dedicated sponsors.

> Jordan Mantha adds that Marco will be given a (last) chance to
> officially redeem himself by giving him a probationary period where he
> is under MOTU scrutiny. Marco commits to not mass filing bug reports.
> This should involve tracking also his bug comments, IRC behaviour, etc.
> If anybody notices something inappropriate (not asking for perfection,
> but looking out for disruptive behaviour) a MC member should be notified
> right away. This includes re-evaluation, taking sponsors feedback into
> account. Any problem brought up to the MC during the probationary
> period. If the evaluation is positive then we should officially
> reinstate him as a regular contributor. If the evaluation doesn't go
> well, we must ask him to no longer work on Ubuntu.

+1.

Due to the time of the season, I don't expect much work happening in the
next week, so I propose to end the first two-week probation time in the
mid of January, to give both Marco time to improve and his sponsors time
to evaluate him.

Michael