core-dev application

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 17 17:15:17 GMT 2007

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 10:40:38AM -0500, Evan Dandrea wrote:
> Please consider this my application for core-dev.
>
> My primary sponsor has been Colin Watson, but many others have been kind
> enough to review and upload packages for me (thanks!).
>
> I've recently taken care of a fair number of the debian-installer
> merges.  In the past I've helped with the Gutsy merge process for d-i
> and the Desktop Team.
>
> As part of the team, I will use my core-dev powers to upload new
> releases of Ubiquity and migration-assistant, as well as continue
> merging with d-i.  Of course, I will also help out with other packaging
> tasks where needed.

Evan has been working on Ubiquity since the summer before last, when he
was a Google Summer of Code student. He was very quick to pick up the
essential details, and I have not found him inclined to make the same
mistakes more than once. His packaging work has picked up quite a bit in
the last few months as he diversifies his interests, and I've now handed
over primary responsibility for Ubiquity maintenance to him so that I
can concentrate on other things. I'd have no worries about him uploading
without review now.

I would very much support Evan becoming a member of ubuntu-core-dev; it
would be great for him to work on the installer on a more equal footing.

Thanks,