Sponsors Feedback about Marco Rodrigues

Luca Falavigna dktrkranz at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 13 16:55:41 GMT 2007

Since I'm a new MOTU, I worked with Marco only recently.

Merge/Syncs request he filed were good. Regarding afbinit sync [1], I
asked him to clarify why to drop a specific change, He did not use his
personal impression but Daniel's one, this way there are doubts he
really understood why that change is gone just because "Daniel told me
that way, so it is" does not explain anything.

Another little I noticed is duplicated sync requests. See [2] or [3] for
instance. Probably syncs bugs were not published back in DaD and he was
not aware of them, but it is a common practice to look at existing bug
reports before attempting to file a sync request to be sure nobody has
already managed it and to avoid more work to archive-admins.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/afbinit/+bug/173842
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tora/+bug/175519
[3] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/t-code/+bug/173541

Regards,