MOTU Application

Kees Cook kees at
Tue Aug 14 23:55:23 BST 2007

Hi all,

On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 07:32:23PM -0500, Mario Limonciello wrote:
> I'd like to follow up a bit with an update to go for more reconsideration in
> my application.
> Throughout the summer I have continued to supply new applications into
> universe having them looked at by various people in -motu and primarily
> sponsored by nixternal, TheMuso, and keescook.  If you look at my current
> list of packages uploaded [1], you can see that I have kept very busy with
> the gutsy release cycle.  Many of those applications have had multiple
> uploads that I have provided debdiffs to my sponsors and had them updated
> shortly thereafter.

I'd like to highly recommend Mario for MOTU.  He's been doing a ton of
work, including helping other people come up to speed on packaging.  He's
already a great asset to Ubuntu, and I think if he had upload abilities,
we'd see that grow even more.  He's quite aware of release schedules,
SRUs, bug triage, and many other elements of MOTUness.  His work is
top-notch, and he is very active and highly responsive in maintaining
everything in and around MythTV (including things in main like lirc).
Various other bits, including installer updates, for Mythbuntu have been
going into upstream packages, and lots of new packages coming out of REVU.
I can't say enough good things.  :)

Kees Cook