MOTU Application

Mario Limonciello superm1 at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 9 01:32:23 BST 2007

Stefan,

Per your other response, I didn't realize my application was still open.  I
was considering reapplying again in the near future, per the encouragement
that I have been getting from Richard Johnson throughout the summer.

I'd like to follow up a bit with an update to go for more reconsideration in
my application.

Throughout the summer I have continued to supply new applications into
universe having them looked at by various people in -motu and primarily
sponsored by nixternal, TheMuso, and keescook.  If you look at my current
list of packages uploaded [1], you can see that I have kept very busy with
the gutsy release cycle.  Many of those applications have had multiple
uploads that I have provided debdiffs to my sponsors and had them updated
shortly thereafter.

A large focus for me this summer has been working with Colin Watson and Evan
on a ubiquity frontend for mythbuntu that has ended up in universe as well.
I have followed  their recommendations from and they regularly merge my
changes into the ubiquity trunk branch.  Some of the changes that have been
merged make it much easier for future ubiquity derivative frontends and
modifications to the GTK frontend from the ubuntu installer team.

Also, I have actively made an effort to helping users more with packaging.
When I have time in #ubuntu-motu, I have tried to help users and provide
small recommendations before a full fledged revu is made on their packages
by MOTU members.  I feel very confident in helping new packagers with the
tools and helping to point out their problems within packages.   Several
members from the ubuntu-mythtv team have taken an interest in packaging, and
I am currently helping to coach them as well. After helping some users in
#ubuntu-motu, persia has approached me and thanked me for helping this
summer.

[1] https://launchpad.net/~superm1/+packages

Thank you for the additional consideration,

Mario Limonciello

--
Mario Limonciello
superm1 at ubuntu.com