MOTU Application

Emmet Hikory emmet.hikory at
Fri Aug 3 00:21:44 BST 2007

On 7/27/07, William Lima <wlima.amadeus at> wrote:
> I'd like to be a MOTU and believe that I'm ready.
> Basically, as start, becoming a MOTU, I hope to continue helping people
> on #ubuntu-motu (as "real" MOTU) and reviewing packages on REVU.

    I've worked with William on a number of candidate uploads.  Most
have been quite good, but several of the proposed candidates needed
slight adjustment prior to upload (which adjustment William has been
happy to make quickly).

    I think William is demonstrating great progress towards MOTU, but
would suggest that work with a greater number of packages would be
helpful, towards a better understanding of alternate packaging
practices, and a greater familiarity with current MOTU practices.

    I'm reserving recommendation for MOTU at this time, but expect
that with continued contributions, especially bug-related
contributions, William would make a fine MOTU, and I encourage
reapplication during the gutsy+1 cycle.