Issue with mir on Ubuntu Touch and Samsung Galax S3 (i9300)

flori at bin.org.in flori at bin.org.in
Mon Mar 27 08:57:18 UTC 2017

Good Morning,

thanks for the tips. So far I used repowerd-cli display to keep it on,
and that seems to work also.

For the second part I played a bit, but not much success: Is there a
way to debug why mir tests are mostly stuck (have to kill them with
ps), and in logcat I find the EGL_BAD_DISPLAY error from my first mail.

Are there basic conformity tests that dont start a server, where I can
play with the parameters? So far I tried to follow the page on
https://unity.ubuntu.com/mir/0.25/android_new_device_bringup.html.
Results are:

mir_android_diagnostics
--gtest_filter="AndroidMirDiagnostics.can_allocate_sw_buffer" => OK
mir_android_diagnostics
--gtest_filter="AndroidMirDiagnostics.can_allocate_hw_buffer" => OK
mir_android_diagnostics
--gtest_filter="AndroidMirDiagnostics.client_can_draw_with_cpu" =>
Failed
mir_android_diagnostics
--gtest_filter="AndroidMirDiagnostics.client_can_draw_with_gpu" =>
Failed
mir_android_diagnostics
--gtest_filter="AndroidMirDiagnostics.display_can_post" => Stuck
(never finishes)
mir_android_diagnostics
--gtest_filter="AndroidMirDiagnostics.display_can_post_overlay" =>
Stuck (never finishes)

libhybris tests:

test_egl: OK
test_glesv2: OK
test_hwcomposer: Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Is there maybe some issue with libhybris? I am also currently on Mir
0.24 since that is shipped with the vivid image on Ubuntu Touch.

BR Florian