New developer in Mir ?

Alan Griffiths alan.griffiths at canonical.com
Mon Jan 23 09:37:39 UTC 2017

On 22/01/17 21:55, Michał Kuchta wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I am C++ programmer with nearly 7 years experience and I would like to
> involve in open source project such as Mir.

Hi Michał,

as you say Mir is an open-source project and we welcome contributions
and volunteers. If there are bugs that interest you then feel free to
propose fixes.

> How can I start (by solving bugs or is other junior job opportunity) ?

Firstly, get familiar with the project and see if there's anything about
it that interests you. So far as I'm aware there are currently no
positions available on the Mir team but that can change, so check the
Canonical jobs site regularly: https://www.canonical.com/careers.
Existing contributors are naturally considered when recruiting.

As well as the Mir project at https://launchpad.net/mir we have some
additional code that is currently out of tree for practical reasons (so
that we can release independently and more frequently) that's at
https://launchpad.net/miral <https://launchpad.net/mir> and, as it is a
smaller codebase, may be easier to get become familiar with.

I would suggest as a starting point downloading the latter code [$ bzr
branch lp:miral] and looking through the "building_and_using_miral.md"
and "tasks_for_the_interested_reader.md" documentation.

Good luck!
Alan