Regarding running Android LXC guest in Ubuntu touch by using Mir

Daniel van Vugt daniel.van.vugt at canonical.com
Fri Jan 8 01:21:34 UTC 2016

Support for Android apps is unlikely to happen any time soon.

You have to remember that Ubuntu Touch is not Android, but is a full
Ubuntu system. The fact that Ubuntu Touch uses an Android kernel is not
sufficient to support Android apps.

Although parts of Android remain and are visible in the Ubuntu Touch
filesystem, they are unlikely to function correctly. Certainly even if
you could run an Android app right now then it would not appear on the
screen. That would require significant work. And even still, not all
Ubuntu Touch devices will be based on Android devices. So you would
really need to start from the ground up and build a self-contained
Android emulator.