Mir 0.20 release content

Daniel van Vugt daniel.van.vugt at canonical.com
Fri Feb 12 01:22:23 UTC 2016

I've been thinking we should probably address this before the next release:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+bug/1536662

And while Brandon has a fix prepared for USC to stop it happening at
login, it can still happen elsewhere:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+bug/1541188

So although what I'm about to propose is technically less secure (not
sure if it's less secure anywhere that matters though), it would give us
a reliable system at least: Fall back to /dev/urandom if /dev/random is
blocking and not sufficiently ready. Anything is better than crashing as
we are now...