Should this be "core"?

Daniel d'Andrada daniel.dandrada at canonical.com
Tue Oct 6 16:37:23 UTC 2015

On 05/10/2015 22:27, Daniel van Vugt wrote:

> It also became apparent those X cursors are unusably small on a 4K
> display. We do have bigger ones for Unity7 but I don't know where that
> cursor theme switching happens.

Cursors in dmz-cursor-theme (the one Unity 7&8 uses) come in 3 different
sizes. The largest one is 48 pixels high and looks more than enough on
my 2160p 28" monitor.

mir is hardcoded to use the default theme (/usr/share/icons/default,
which points to /etc/alternatives/x-cursor-theme). dmz-cursor-theme
installs itself as such. In this configuration, theme selection happens
by changing the symlink /etc/alternatives/x-cursor-theme (ie, updating
the alternative)

Naming is a bit wacky in xcursors. The "I" beam cursor for instance is
called "x-term". So yeah, a lot of legacy in there.