Release breakage

Alan Griffiths alan.griffiths at canonical.com
Wed May 27 08:49:40 UTC 2015

Hi Robert,

Is "release breakage" the same problem with landing Mir-0.13.x on wily
that I was discussing with kgunn yesterday?

AIUI the problem was an unexpected dependant of libmircommon. I believe
clients should not be linking against libmircommon (only libmirclient),
but we had some misplaced entry points:

$ apt-cache rdepends libmircommon3 | grep -v "\(libmir\|\bmir-\)"
Reverse Depends:
  unity-system-compositor
  qtubuntu-desktop
  qtubuntu-android
  qtmir-desktop
  qtmir-android
  qtdeclarative5-qtmir-plugin

We had unity-system-compositor and qtmir in the silo but missed qtubuntu
(which needs some event API renames to compile). The qtubuntu branch
below is what I would have added to the silo had (I not reached EOD).

kgunn said he and camako would pick that up but I haven't yet seen any
sign of that, so I'm wondering what, if anything, happened next. Are you
dealing with it?

I don't see platform-api in the above list, so is that a different, or
additional, problem? (It should be updated to reflect API changes, but
it should be installable and not block landing.)

Alan