Multiple personalities

Alan Griffiths alan.griffiths at canonical.com
Mon Mar 23 11:59:22 UTC 2015

It isn't elegant to load two versions of a library but I don't think it
matters at present which version of the mir_*event_get* functions is
resolved - they simply moved (and don't depend on static data). The
alternative is to bump the client ABI (as was initially proposed in
https://code.launchpad.net/~alan-griffiths/mir/fix-1415321/+merge/253077).

FWIW We've had other silent ABI infelicities thanks to the the wildcards
in MIR_CLIENT_8 accidentally publishing symbols in the wrong stanza.