The future of MirInputEvent

Daniel van Vugt daniel.van.vugt at canonical.com
Fri Jun 26 02:09:56 UTC 2015

+1 on having a discussion. I wondered the same when I touched those APIs
a few months ago.

I don't think the intermediate InputEvent is useful enough to keep.
Conceivably any app/toolkit developer could want to correlate other
types of events with input just as much as correlating input with input.
So I think the commonality is "Event" and not "InputEvent".

Mir Event "1.0" did not have any "input event" structure. And X doesn't
either:   http://tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/events/structures.html
So people can very happily use (and have done for years) an API that has
no intermediate InputEvent class.